Let's Get This Party Started

So, yeah. That happened. That person is now President of the United States.

I'm still not entirely sure I'm not giving up on the shit show[1] that the American Experiment has become. I continue to reserve that right, but I know for sure that in the meantime I have to speak up. Loudly. Often. So, *spreads arms* here I am.

And I am angry. Furious. Wrothful. I am at the end of my rope with many of my fellow Americans, and, like the man said, I'm not going to take it anymore. Appropriately enough, I turn 43 in 41 minutes, and my main resolution for this upcoming trip around the sun is to stand up and fight: the patriarchy, racism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia... At this point, if you name it and it marginalizes a group, I'll take a swing at it. I do not anticipate this being difficult, as I have run out of fucks to give[2].

I have named this blog for my two favorite historical shit-kickers, St. Thomas Becket and St. Thomas More. Both spoke truth to power. Both fought the establishment head on. Of course, both also paid the ultimate price for their courage, but I'll try not to dwell on that aspect. Relatedly, I am a practicing Catholic, and I will undoubtedly also wind up tackling those idiots from time to time as well[3].

One last administrative note: I am the final arbiter of what is and is not appropriate in these parts. I do not feed the trolls, I block them and delete their comments. My house, my rules--deal with it.

So, let's get this party started, shall we?




1. I curse a lot. You should probably get used to it.
2. See note 1.
3. Except Pope Francis. Love Francis.  Most of the time, anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They've Gone Spare (Double Footnote Edition)

"Here's the thing...", Catholic/Protestant Relations Edition, Volume 1,419...

White People, Meet Me at Camera Three